Heart of Obsidian - Nalini Singh Since when I start reading this series, I associated Silence with Vulcan philosophy and the Psy with Vulcans. I know, I know, I’m a Star Track fan! *wink*

I love the world building, the changelings, the psy, the mind-net, everything in this world!

Every and each of the books is interesting and intelligently done. And every time I finish one book I yearn for the next. I hope Nalini Singh continues writing this wonderful, wonderful books!

Since he made his appearance I liked Kaleb. He was so mysterious, so cold, so controlled, that I just knew he must be all the contrary. He has so much stored inside him that his emotional explosion was inevitable. He was such a perfect silent psy that he just couldn’t be it! Nothing can be perfect, so it was obvious!

Here I loved his dedication, his patience and his perseverance. His vulnerability. And his LOVE for Sahara, even if he doesn’t recognize it for what it is.

How could a tortured child learn what is love when he was never been embraced, held, cared for? When instead he was tortured, beaten, burnt, abused, violated in every way… My heart cried for him. I wanted to hold him like Sahara did!

And his misconception about binding Sahara with sex, was really quite tender, when you think that it is really unnecessary!

He’s unable to stay away from her. He needs her touch even if it means his mind would wreak destruction round them.

It had been the sofa smashing into the opposite wall that had finally broken through the desire that had had them both in its grip. The piece of furniture had created a hole in that wall, but that wasn’t the worst of it. Every single window in the room, aside from the one on which she’d leaned, was spiderwebbed with fractures so deep it felt as if a breath would cause the shards to fall, while the floor was rippled, and a large table lay in splinters near the wide doorway into the kitchen, as if it had been thrown at the doorway and not made it through.
“A kiss,” she whispered, staring at Kaleb’s profile as he took in the damage done by his telekinetic strength with a clinical eye. “One kiss.”

And the attraction between them escalates…

A slave to him, her body soft with pleasure, she said, “Let me do these things to you.”
His hand releasing her throat only to close over it again. “We may have to build up to that. Even obsidian won’t hold if you put your mouth on me. Not yet.”

--------------------

“I just checked the PsyNet,” she said, her own breathing not exactly even.
“This region just experienced a medium-sized earthquake.”
Kaleb turned his head on the pillow. “It was located deep underground, I made sure of that. No real damage.”
It should’ve been surreal, lying in bed with a man who had just caused an earthquake, but this was Kaleb and he was hers. “The poor scientists,” she said, “are going to be scratching their heads over the sudden seismic activity in this region over the next few decades.”

I loved Sahara! So much compassion, so much love, so much faith! All for Kaleb! She’s his perfect counterpart. She’s his salvation, his soul. Her love is incredible, almost like his. Hers is not borne from possessiveness, but from memories. Treasured memories, buried so deep that even to her it takes effort to reach them. But she knows, just knows that she’s safe with Kaleb. She knows that she has very strong feelings for him, even when she doesn’t remember him. And when she starts remembering, even if she feels there’s something really painful in their past, she just knows that’s love!

She had loved him. So much. Enough to defy her family.
Enough to chance the psychic brainwipe of rehabilitation. Enough to fight for him even when he warned her off.
She had loved him until it was the defining fact of her existence.
Life, she thought, rubbing her hand over her heart, had come full circle. Because as the girl she’d been had loved him, so did the woman she’d become, her heart branded with his name. No matter what the future held, the terrible choice she might yet have to make, no one else would ever be to her what Kaleb—

---------------------

“And there is nothing you can ever do that will make me turn away from you,” she whispered. “I love you, Kaleb.” It was an inexorable, beautiful truth.

Kaleb acceptance of her love is as much as spectacular… and heart wrenching…

“Everything, Kaleb,” she gasped, her nails the sweetest pain on his shoulders, “give me everything.”
“You have it.” All his secrets, anything she wanted. Even his scarred, maimed heart. “I love you.”
Eyes of deep, deep blue locking with his, a single tear rolling down her face. “I know,” Sahara said, her heart breaking that he’d said the words for her. Hurt and brutalized beyond belief, shown not even an ounce of love until they met, it wouldn’t have surprised her if he’d believed himself incapable of the emotion.
She knew he was more than capable of it, felt it in his every breath, his every touch, his every promise. That he knew he had the capacity for it . . . it was everything. “Tell me again.”
Both arms under her body, his hands curved over her shoulders as he held her in place for deep, hard thrusts that made her intimate muscles clench in sheer pleasure, he paused, his hair dark against his forehead, his eyes holding the colors of twilight, and his body a sculpture of male beauty. “I love you. I will always love you.”
Lightning, jagged and dangerous and beautiful, flashed overhead as he began to move again, his mouth seeking hers to lock them together. Around them, the rain was a thundering cocoon, theirs a private world. Kiss after kiss, stroke after stroke, they couldn’t get enough, would never get enough.
He was so strong and hot and out of control, one of his hands now at her throat in a caress that her body instantly associated with erotic possession. She felt the orgasm approaching, tried to fight it off because she wanted more of this, didn’t want it to end, but it was too late, the pleasure tearing through them both in a wave of sensation as wild as the lightning that split the skies.
Only this time, it wasn’t limited to their bodies. Their minds collided on the psychic plane, their thoughts crashing together in a splintering of astonishing color that made her cry tears that became rain as she saw all the pieces of him. “I love you, Kaleb.”

Their story is so much! So much emotions, so much angst, so much suffering, so much strength! I loved every second, every word of it!

The story is fantastic!!! Every time one of the books ends, I just want to know more about how things will be going. What will happened? When the Silence falls what will happen? How will the Psy behave? Will they start feeling again? Ohhh.. It’s so, so interesting! I cannot wait for the next book!