Madison's Life Lessons (The Road to Hell #.5) - Gracen Miller I felt that the whole book was permeated with this sense of dread, like something truly evil will happen the next page. But nothing really evil happens.

I put it in my paranormal shelf for that reason, not because anything paranormal happens. Just little hints that actually do not explain anything, but you just get this feeling that things are not what they appear to be.

The story is simple: an adolescent girl, psycologically abused by her father and neglected by her mother, falls in love with a charismatic man, marries him and has a baby boy. At the end her husband dissappers misteriously and all kind of suspitious things are left open.

I liked Madison. Her naivete, her confusion about her father's and mather's actions, her rebellion, her desire for better life. I didn't think less of her when she started thinking abot Micah in a sexual way, even if she's really young. She really did love him or, better, felt a strong attraction towards him even if I had the distinct impression that this feeling was manipulated.

I don't know what to feel for Micah. He seems to love her very much, but his love has the flavor of possession and obsession, and something far darked. There's some disturbing things thet we're lead to think he did without any actual proof. So, we are lead to think he's evil, but I'm not so sure that will be the case in the next books.

Good and interesting story. I'm starting right now with the next book! :D